The Address | Benghazi – Libya
BENGHAZI – Brigadier General Salah Huwaidi, the Director of Benghazi security, issued strict instructions as part of the Benghazi security plan to be executed by the Restoring Discipline Force.
The plan is summarized in a statement by the Directorate of Security Benghazi on Thursday as follows
1 – Seizure of any vehicle without license plates either in Benghazi or in neighboring cities.
2. Removal of tint stickers from tinted window vehicles.
3. Inspection of vehicles accessories shops that might sell police or army equipment such as alarms or flashes.
4. Any shops selling the military uniform will be closed until the Directorate reviews their licenses.
5. Weapons stores are closed and their files will be transferred for the Directorate’s review to determine the method of selling and how to sell them, except for the shops selling hunting equipment and materials.
6. organizing the ownership of light arms by issuing licenses and certain numbering for weapons.
7. arresting wanted persons through designated lists.
8. Kiosks promoting drugs and hallucinogenic pills will be raided in any area and owners will be arrested.
9. The direction of some roads in the city of Benghazi will be changed through the Traffic and Licensing Department.
10. Intensive security deployment on all intersections within the city from 7 pm to 8 am.
11. Security patrols are in the city for 24 hours.
12. In a few weeks, the uniform of the Benghazi Security Directorate will be consolidated
It is noteworthy that the city of Benghazi is witnessing the return and activation of security bodies after it was liberated by the Libyan National Army (LNA) from extremist groups such as ISIS and al-Qaeda that used to control the city since the overthrow Muammar Gaddafi in 2011.