InternationalMunicipalNationalnews

Clashes continue in Tripoli amid international call for dialogue today

The Address | Benghazi – Libya

TRIPOLI – The armed groups in Tripoli continued their confrontations for the seventh day in a row amid an international call for an expanded meeting on Tuesday afternoon for an urgent dialogue on the security situation in an undisclosed location.

The clashes that broke out on 26 August 2018 resulted in killing dozens of civilians.

Field Hospital in Tripoli announced that 41 killed, 128 wounded and 8 missing, including civilians, which is the victims toll of the clashes in the southern suburbs of Tripoli so far.

At the end of August, the Ministry of Health of the Tripoli-based Government of National Accord (GNA) said 39 people had been killed and 119 wounded, mostly civilians, as a result of the fighting.

At least 18 civilians were among the dead, including four children between the ages of 6 and 15, Ambulance and Emergency Service said.

The fighting broke out on August 26 between armed groups under Interior and Defense Ministries of GNA and the Seventh Brigade of Tarhuna, also known as al-Kaniat, which confirms its subordination to GNA, while the Head of the Presidential Council of GNA, Fayez al-Sarraj, dissolved the Brigade since April 2018.

Tags

Related Articles

Close