The Address | Benghazi – Libya
TAZIRBU – The terrorist group ISIS on Saturday claimed responsibility for the deadly terrorist attack on Friday which took place in Tazirbu, an oasis located in the Libyan Desert in the Kufra District.
The terrorist group, which made its claim in a statement on its propaganda platform Amaq, said 29 people had been either killed or wounded in Friday’s attack.
Local authorities said terrorists affiliated with ISIS attacked a police station in Tazirbu on Friday. The attack resulted in at least eight civilians killed, nine injured, three abducted and nine still missing and believed to be kidnapped.
ISIS has staged several attacks on southern towns since withdrawing into the desert after losing its main stronghold, the coastal city of Sirte, late in 2016.