The Address | Benghazi – Libya
TRIPOLI – National Oil Corporation (NOC) has submitted its official operating budget for 2019 to the Ministry of Finance, including implementation of the 67% pay-rise for all oil and gas sector workers mandated in resolution 642, passed on October 24, 2013 by the interim government, NOC said in a statement on Friday.
NOC additionally welcomed the decision by the State Audit Bureau to lift its objections to payment of oil sector worker salaries for October and November following representations made by NOC to the Ministry of Finance, which is responsible for the release of public sector salaries. The NOC Board of Directors condemns this payment delay and calls on institutions responsible to take all necessary measures to prevent a repeat of this incident, the statement said.
According to NOC chairman, Eng. Mustafa Sanalla: “Our staff have achieved truly incredible things in the last year. Because of their sacrifice and determination, despite ongoing national challenges, we have achieved our highest revenue figure in five years. It is totally unacceptable that staff face this delay. I call on the Ministry of Finance and State Audit Bureau to immediately release worker salaries,” said Sanalla.