Nationalnews

WHO: 392 dead and 1936 wounded in Tripoli clashes so far

The Address | Benghazi – Libya

TRIPOLI – The World Health Organization (WHO) said the toll of Tripoli clashes as of May 2 is 392 dead and 1936 wounded.

The United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) said last week that at least 96 civilians are among those killed.

Furthermore, the International Organization of Migration (IOM) estimates there are now over 50,000 displaced persons as a direct result to the intensifying armed conflict in Tripoli.

Along with a call for an immediate cease-fire, U.N. humanitarian officials say they urgently need more than $10 million to keep helping beleaguered civilians in Libya. The officials say they have received just 6% of pledges so far.

Tags

Related Articles

Close