The Address | Benghazi – Libya
TRIPOLI – The Libyan National Army (LNA) denied responsibility for the attack on Rixos hotel in Tripoli which was hit with rockets on early Friday.
The Rixos hotel is a home to several members of the House of Representatives whom boycotted parliamentary sessions and opposed LNA’s military operation in the capital.
The Tripoli-based Government of National Accord (GNA) quickly pointed the figure of blame at LNA, accusing it of “targeting the landmarks of civil state”.
In a media statement released on Saturday, LNA’s Dignity Operations Room said that the army did not carry out the attack on the hotel as the army only hits military targets.
“This hotel is not a military target. Everything that has been targeted by the air force’s planes is a military target such as ammunition stores or a gathering of military vehicles,” said the spokesman of LNA’s Dignity Operations Room.
LNA’s Dignity Operations Room said that the army has issued repeated warnings to militants to drop their weapons and surrender.
LNA’s Dignity Operations Room pointed out that the accuracy of the army’s airstrikes was acknowledged by GNA’s Interior Minister Fathi Bashagha himself during a press conference in Tunisia few weeks ago.
LNA’s Dignity Operations Room said this recent accusation is part of a series of allegations which GNA and its ally the Muslim Brotherhood are launching against the army. LNA’s Dignity Operations Room added that most of these allegations had been refuted by now.
“Their fabrications and allegations are a sign that their end is near,” the statement concludes, “Libya will only be a safe state, a state of institutions and a state of law with the help of God, the will of its people and the sacrifices of its army.”