The Address | Benghazi – Libya
BENGHAZI – The spokesman of the Libyan National Army (LNA), Major General Ahmed Al-Mismari, considered on Thursday that the adoption by the Head of the Tripoli-based Government of “National Accord” (GNA), Fayez al-Sarraj, of the attack on Uqba bin Nafi Air Base in the al-Witia area, under the name “Storm of Peace”, is a clear evidence of his failure to respect the obligations due to international agreements, International humanitarian law, international human rights law and adherence to the outputs of the Berlin Conference.
Al-Mesmary stressed that LNA continues to take all necessary measures to protect its forces, camps and bases, as well as the Libyan people, from the futility of the forces of GNA government, foreign fighters, mercenaries, and Turks.
Al-Mismari said, in a post on Facebook, “The so-called Fayez al-Sarraj, and on behalf of the Turkish governor in Tripoli, adopts the failed attack on the Uqba bin Nafi airbase in al-Witia, which he called “Storm of Peace” operation, similar to the Turkish operation, the “Olive Branch” in northern Syria, at a time when he had previously called for an end to the fighting due to humanitarian conditions to address the Coronavirus pandemic.
He added, “These are their pledges and these are their lies and their shading of public opinion. This is an evidence we place before the United Nations Support Mission in Libya (UNSMIL) that the illegal government of Sarraj does not respect the obligations due to international agreements, international humanitarian law, international human rights law and adhere to the outputs of the Berlin Conference.
“We put this evidence in front of the Libyans first and the international community second, and we assure them that we are moving forward in taking all necessary measures to protect our forces, our camps and our bases, as well as the Libyan people, from the futility of the militias of al-Sarraj, the terrorists, the foreign fighters, the mercenaries and the Turks,” he said.